It’s time to give candidates what they want…more insights on what it’s like to work at your company!
LinkedIn put out some data that showed 66% of candidates want to know more about your company culture before they apply for a job. This can easily be accomplished by shooting some quick recruiting videos.
5 Easy Videos You Can Make To Attract More Quality Candidates
- Office Tour: Walk around your office and show off your space. Stop by some of your employee’s offices and ask what they are working on!
- Projects Overview: Sit down with someone on the team you are hiring for and ask them about projects they are working on, but also the projects on their roadmap.
- Day-in-the-life: This makes for a great blog post, but an even better video. Have someone walk through their day-to-day in the role you are trying to fill.
- Interview Process Overview: As a Recruiter, it can be easy to forget that interviewing for a position can be extremely nerve-wracking for some people. Put candidates at ease and share the step-by-step process they will go through. Get your interview team involved and show who the candidates will be meeting with.
- Manager Interview: I love seeing managers get involved in the interview process because they will be overseeing the new employee. It’s a great way for candidates to get familiar with someone they will be working very closely with and learn from.
Well there you have it! 5 simple videos that don’t require too much planning or budget. Not all the videos I mention have to do with culture, but I wanted to focus on ‘easy’ videos that you can make an impact now!
For those of you who are thinking, I don’t have a camera and don’t know how to make recruiting videos, check out this video I made previously about setting yourself up for success. Also, this video was shot on a Google Pixel 3, with a $50 lapel mic, a Sony Voice Recorder, and edited in Adobe Premiere Pro.
If you want to talk in more detail about the setup shoot me an email at Brian@nextwavehire.com
Latest posts by Brian Mooney (see all)
- Ranking The Space Force Talent Attraction & Job Application Process - May 27, 2020
- Supporting Employees Through A Layoff - May 12, 2020
- 6 Project Ideas For Talent If Recruiting Is Slow - April 2, 2020