As I thought about new videos to create for the blog I wondered what our most popular video was to date. So, I hopped into the NextWave hot tub time machine and took a look. It was a video about Employer Branding Awareness, a topic near and dear to our hearts here at NextWave Hire.
Even though, after watching the video, I wondered – why is this the most popular video?
I came up with these 4 reasons.
- The Topic: Employer Branding is a phrase being thrown around just as much as AI or machine learning. For your everyday busy HR or TA team, employer branding seems like a more logical and tangible thing to spend money on. This is a good video for someone who knows they need to do something about their employer brand but isn’t sure where to start.
- Career Sites Matter: It’s a great reminder that The TalentBoard study determined the career site is the #1 resource for candidates when determining where to apply. In fact, 58% of candidates use the career site when only 29% use other employer review sites. With all the marketing and fear of someone leaving a bad review on sites like Glassdoor, it’s easy to forget the impact other platforms that we can control like our career site can have on shaping our employer story.
- Candidness: The very nature of the video is appealing in a lot of ways. Sure we didn’t use a tripod and yes it’s a camera phone but at its core its a knowledge share. It’s as if you were sitting in the room and asked: “Hey Phil – what do you think about employer branding”?
- Phil’s Beard: He’s fit to be an extra on GOT (hopefully one that lives! ). You’ve got to love Phil’s beard in this video. I am sure he’s shaking his head as he’s reading this so if you love the beard give us a shout!
I hope you enjoyed this blast from the past. If you need help with your employer brand, consider checking out our Employer Branding Resources on our website at www.nextwavehire.com. As always, if you have any questions or want to talk employer branding or talent acquisition, shoot me an email or connect with me on LinkedIn.
Latest posts by Brian Mooney (see all)
- Our Most Popular Whiteboard Wednesday Video - May 15, 2019
- 3 WAYS A/B TESTING WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER RECRUITER - May 1, 2019
- Why Every Recruiter Needs To Take A Digital Marketing Course - April 24, 2019