A few weeks back we did a video about how to make an effective video job ad and a few people asked where to post these videos. This is the right question to ask because your video job ads won’t matter if no one sees them.
Every day candidates are doing research on your company and you need to make sure they can find the information they are looking for. Should you spend some time mapping out the candidate’s journey and being thoughtful about getting your content in front of the best candidates? Yes, definitely, but if you just spent a week putting together a video and you need a quick win then here are a few places that will set you up for success.
- Career Site: The TalentBoard found the career site is the number one resource for candidates when researching your company. They also found that candidates want to hear from your employees. This might seem obvious, but it is likely the most impactful from a volume perspective.
- Social Media: I have experienced a huge difference in the engagement from a text-based post and a video-based post. If you’ve only done text-based posts you’ll have plenty of data! Don’t forget to share these videos with your co-workers so you can get your video in front of even more people.
- Quora: I have seen a lot of questions about what it’s like to interview or work in a specific role at specific companies. If the question isn’t there then you can post the question yourself. Pro tip: quota can rank so it might be on the first page of google when someone searches “what is it like to be a project manager at company X”.
- Outreach: If you have a Recruiter seat then you’re basically paying so that you can automate your outreach. Instead of asking a candidate to read a 3-page job description and let you know if they’re interested, try using the video job ad to pique their interest.
- LinkedIn Profile: Everyone has the option to upload external media right to their LinkedIn Profile. I don’t see a lot of people doing this so it stands out when you’re looking at someone’s profile.
- Email Signature: It’s true what they say, you never know who might be interested or might know someone who might be interested in your jobs. That’s why the email signature is a good place to have your video job ad.
For most companies, a strategy of going deep and narrow will make sense. Generally speaking, the places mentioned in this blog will set you up for success. Remember, these are ads. They are meant to pique someone’s interest, they are meant to be a touchpoint on the candidate journey. Good luck!
Have you seen video job ads in interesting places? Let us know about it! Send an email to Brian@NextWaveHire.com
Latest posts by Brian Mooney (see all)
- How Personal Brands Can Fuel Your Employer Brand Strategy - February 18, 2020
- How MeUndies & NextWave Hire Launched A Career Site In 21 Days. - February 5, 2020
- 6 Lessons from a Brand Marketer - January 22, 2020